Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2016

I want to start a Youtube channel for app reviews, how can I be different?



I want to start a Youtube channel for app reviews, how can I be different?


Do you guys believe it’s a good niche? I’m going for one specific OS with a little different way of shooting videos, anything else I can do differently? Maybe new?
I think that’s a very cool idea and I think your popularity will be based on a few factors.
  1. Host: Choose someone who is unique with an interesting personality or someone who has a great sense of humor who can make the app reviews fun.
  2. Target Audience: Are you targeting men or women? That will help you decide who the host is.
  3. Type of Apps: You can review the usual suspects but make it fun but reviewing the WEIRDEST APPS EVER, WORST APPS EVER, MOST ADDICTIVE, etc.
  4. Social Media: You need to promote your YouTube channel on other social media channels.
  5. Fan Reviews: Ask people to submit reviews for you to be featured on your channel, makes it more fun and you will probably find a few gems
  6. Schtick: Hey they have Naked News, Naked Dating, how about Naked App Reviews :)
  7. Funny: You can do app reviews from your bathtub or some strange place, it will make it more fun to watch.
I think is a good idea! And the main factor for sucess is being original and funny. Trying the apps live and maybe getting some guests. Make a research of current ones and check the comments people leave.. you can get lots of good ideas, usually people asks for what they want and compain about what they don’t like. Once your channel is live please share it!! Many devs want a space to share their creations.
I work forAsktolik - Lowcost App Store Optimization (ASO) Services, helping our clients to increase their App’s performance, increase their profit, and provide guide on how to succeed in the App Business.

I’m going to assume you want to do game app reviews for a tablet/phone. Something I’d be interested in seeing is a mixture in the video. A bit of the trailer, perhaps, while you do a voice-over? A little bit of live play would be nice to throw in, too. And after the live play, perhaps an overview of the game (voice-over again) with clips of in-game footage. Wrapping it up with a unique rating system would tie it all together quite well. This method would take quite a bit of video editing, so it might not be your style, but it’s my best suggestion.
And a bit of advice I usually give in addition to YouTube advice is: Take everything you hear with a grain of salt. Be yourself, and have your channel reflect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment